The consultants at CollegEase promise to do the following:
- Help students and parents select schools that are educationally, socially, and emotionally appropriate to allow the student to learn, grow, and succeed.
- Continually seek knowledge about institutions and the college application process by investing time in:
- Visiting colleges and learning about academic programs.
- Professional interaction with college administrators, professors, and students.
- Conducting personal research to verify data and uncover information on important topic areas to students and families including admissions, financial aid, and social environment.
- Maintaining contact with previous clients to learn about their experiences at the institution they chose to attend.
- Help students along the journey of discovery through the college application process by enabling students to define themselves and explore unknown opportunities.
- Work in tandem with students to find educational options that are appropriate for the student’s goals and abilities.
- Protect the best interests of all students.
- Provide accurate information and empower students and parents to act responsibly.
- Honor students’ decision regarding where they apply and choose to enroll.
- Strive to provide equal access for qualified students through education about financial aid processes.
- Maintain student confidentiality in the community.
Additionally, CollegEase shall maintain the following core values:
- Professionalism- Our work in educational consulting is professional only to the extent that we subscribe to and practice ethical behavior, as stated in the member conventions of NACAC.
- Collaboration- We will work together to promote and protect students and their best interests.
- Trust- The consultant/student/parent relationships are based upon trust and mutual respect and honesty.
- Education- We are committed to educating students, families, the public, fellow education professionals, and ourselves about the transition to and within post-secondary education.
- Fairness and Equity- We maintain the responsibility to treat one another and students in a fundamentally fair and equitable manner.
- Social Responsibility- We have a duty to serve students responsibly, by safeguarding their rights and their access to and within post-secondary education.
CollegEase pledges adherence the IECA (Independent Educational Consultant Association) standards of professionalism. To read more, please visit: IECA Standards of Professionalism